The last day of Vancouver Hot Chocolate Festival 2014 falls on Valentine’s Day. And while most people have booked and planned an evening at the most romatic restaurant in Vancouver, some like us option for dessert first. We happen to be around Bella Gelateria Vancouver and am intrigued to try their gBar – namely chocolate popsicles. Bella Gelateria Vancouver Hot Chocolate Festival 2014 Menu featured a lot of flavors. Each served with Erin Ireland’s To Die For Banana Bread.
BELLA GELATERIA + TO DIE FOR BANANA BREAD
- #06 – “MONKEY’S UNCLE” gBAR made from banana liquer and swirls of “To Die For” Banana Bread crumb. Served with a slice of Erin Ireland’s “To Die For” Banana Bread alongside.
- #07 – “BLACK MAGIC” gBAR flavoured with black sesame and matcha tea. Served with Erin Ireland’s “To Die For” Banana Bread.
- #08 – “THE EVITA” gBAR flavoured with salted caramel – Argentina style. Served with Erin Ireland’s “To Die For” Banana Bread.
- #09 – “LONDON FOGGY” gBAR flavoured with vanilla and Earl Grey tea. Served with Erin Ireland’s “To Die For” Banana Bread.
- #10 – “RED HOT CHILI PEPPER” gBAR flavoured with chocolate, cinnamon and cayenne. Served with Erin Ireland’s “To Die For” Banana Bread.
Bella Gelateria LONDON FOGGY gBAR flavored with vanilla and Earl Grey tea. It isn’t too sweet and has a subtle punch of Earl Grey Tea flavor. I only wished the Popsicle was bigger. Dunk it into the hot chocolate and stir it around. I imagined it to form a dip cone like chocolate crunch coating. But of course it didn’t. Perhaps next year, they can consider this concept! Remember, I coined it!
Erin Ireland’s “To Die For” Banana Bread is delicious but similar to before I wished the slice was slightly thicker. Just to give it more bite and to be dunk worthy. Otherwise it just sort of melts. The flavor is tasty and has a sweet yet savory profile which we liked a lot.
Finally the Dark Hot Chocolate is from Milano. It isn’t sweet. Perhaps just subtle hint of sugar from the dark coco. This is definately different compared to the Thierry’s hot chocolate THE AMPAMAKIA which is made with a rich Ampamakia 68% chocolate.
Bella Gelateria Handcrafted Gelato
Cuisine: Ice Cream, Dessert
Hours: 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
1001 W Cordova St, Vancouver, BC V6C 0B7
[cetsEmbedGmap src=https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Bella+Gelateria&fb=1&gl=ca&hq=Bella+Gelateria&cid=6407236259407370099&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A width=350 height=425 marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 frameborder=0 scrolling=no]