We were recently introduced to Chic Choc Rum. One of the first things we were told was to make a delicious cocktail. There are a good handful of refreshing cocktails on their website like the Chic Buche and the Chic-Lantro which tastes like spiced mojito!
Chic Cho Rum features Boreal spices: peppery green alder, pine forest spikenard, witherod berries, lovage root, sweet galseeds and wild angelica.
Chic Choc Rum CHIC-LANTRO Cocktail
- 1 ½ oz. Chic Choc spiced rum
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- 10-15 coriander leaves
- Spicy ginger soda
- Step 1 In a highball glass, place coriander leaves and lime juice.
- Step 2 Crush with a pestle.
- Step 3 Add simple syrup, Chic Choc rum and ice cubes.
- Step 4 Top up with ginger soda.
- Step 5 Stir with stirring spoon.
- Step 6 Garnish with a bit of coriander.
Chic Choc Rum CHIC BÛCHE Cocktail
- 1.5 oz. (45 ml) Chic Choc spiced rum
- 0.5 oz. (15 ml) Maple syrup
- Half lime, cut in quarters
- 10 mint leaves
- 5 oz. (150ml) Sparkling Eska water
- 1 dash Angostura-type cocktail sour
- Step 1 At bottom of a tall glass, place the 4 lime pieces and pour in maple syrup and Angostura.
- Step 2 Crush with pestle.
- Step 3 Pour in rum and add 7 mint leaves, as well as 5 ice cubes.
- Step 4 Stir with spoon for 10 seconds.
- Step 5 Fill rest of glass with ice and top off with sparkling water.
- Step 6 Stir gently with spoon while trying to bring the mint leaves up to the surface from bottom of glass.
- Step 7 Decorate with remaining mint leaves.
image credit: Chic Choc Rum