The first time I saw a recipe for a flourless seedy loaf like this was on the blog The Family Dinner by Laurie David. Her inspiration came from a freshly made loaf at the Kong Hans restaurant in Copenhagen. I love Danish cuisine, so this was something I was happy to play with and adapt for us here at home. I make this constantly and serve it with dips, with a healthy fattoush salad or as the base for an open-face sandwich with a topping of smashed avocado or hummus and sliced tomato. This recipe comes from Voula Halliday’s Eat At Home cookbook.
Super Seedy Loaf with Black Pepper and Sundried Tomatoes
Flourless seedy loaf that is delicious on its own or with a salad
- 5 large eggs or 10 egg whites
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup unsalted raw or roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup unsalted raw or roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup raw sesame seeds
- 1 cup ground flax seeds or whole chia seeds
- 1 cup finely chopped sundried tomato
- or finely chopped dried figs
- 1 Tbsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Step 1 Heat oven to 325°F (160°C). Lightly spray or coat a 9×5-inch loaf pan or three 51/2×3-inch mini loaf pans with oil and line with parchment paper.
- Step 2 In a large bowl, lightly whisk eggs with oil. Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined. Spoon into the prepared pan(s).
- Step 3 Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the edges are golden and the loaf is firm to the touch.
- Step 4 Let cool completely in the pan. To serve, slice thinly with a serrated knife.
- Step 5 Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Step 6 Serve at room temperature.
- Step 7 **This loaf freezes nicely. Wrap cooled loaf tightly in plastic wrap and freeze. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
Other recipes from Eat At Home that I’ve bookmarked include:
- Citrus Burst Energy Bars
- Super Seedy Fattoush Salad
- Finger Licking Ribs in a Flash
- Meatless Zucchini Bolognese
Excerpted from Eat At Home © 2017 Voula Halliday. Published byCast Iron Press®. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.
Where to Purchase?
Eat From Home by Voula Halliday
Paperback: 312 pages
Publisher: Cast Iron Press; 1st edition (2017)
Parcel Dimensions: 20.6 x 15.8 x 3 cm
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
- ISBN-10: 0987839306
more: CHINESE BRAISED BEEF BRISKET & TENDON RECIPE | 柱侯蘿蔔炆牛筋腩 | Stir Fry Okra with Black Fungus 秋葵炒雲耳 | Black Moss Black Eye Bean Soup 髮菜眉豆花生排骨湯| Pig Trotter with Black Vinegar and Ginger Recipe 豬腳薑醋 | Best Seafood Clam Chowder Recipe
Remove Ad Block for shopping guide.