I have a thing for eating super colorful foods. I love the contrast of brilliant colors in a salad bowl, rice bowl and how can I forget a smoothie bowl. If the enjoyment of food involves all our sense, I’m pretty certain sight comes first for me.
Hearty chilli bowls was once prolific in our kitchen stove, is now replaced by colorful smoothie bowls in our Cusinart blender. Frozen berries purchased in bulk will soon be replaced by fresh berries picked from local farms. I can’t wait! But until then, frozen blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries will make for a quick fix!
I love spring and summer and the on-coming of abundance of fresh fruits. This smoothie bowl is absolutely delicious. It is not your average berry smoothie. The hint of tropical comes from adding shredded coconut and dragon fruit. Both are good for fiber and hydration. You can definitely experiment and make this bowl your own!
I personally enjoy unsweetened Almond beverage. I like the to adjust my own level of sweetness using either agave, maple syrup, or simply relay on the natural sweetness of fruits.
Almond Breeze can found in the refrigerated section of your grocery store. Available flavors like the regular, vanilla, chocolate, unsweetened chocolate, almond coconut or unsweetened almond coconut!
SUPER TROPICAL BERRY SMOOTHIE BOWL RECIPE
- 1 ripe bananas (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries
- 0.5 cups unsweetened Almond Breeze almond beverage
- 0.5 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- t tbsp agave syrup or maple syrup (optional)
- Dragonfruit (balled)
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Fresh berries
- Black Sesame Powder
- Step 1 Add shredded unsweetened coconut in blender. Pulsate until find powder for topping and set aside.
- Step 2 Add all smoothie ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy.
- Step 3 Add more almond beverage to thin.
- Step 4 Taste and adjust flavor if you require more sweetness. I prefer mine tart and I like the natural sweetness of fresh fruits.
- Step 5 If you require more protein, add some nut butter. This also helps to enhance the natural sweetness of the smoothie.
- Step 6 Pour and divide between two servings.
- Step 7 Add toppings as desired.
- Step 8 Best enjoyed immediately.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. If you give it a try, let me know by leaving a comment below and tag #instanomss in your picture so I can see your creation!
This post was sponsored by Almond Breeze.