Yogurt is one of my daily essentials. Especially Greek yogurt! That’s why I am so excited when I was sent a copy of Yogurt Every Day by Hubert Cormier. Yogurt itself is awesome. It is great for your gut health with its probiotic properties. Yogurt isn’t just a breakfast item – I can eat it breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Yogurt Every Day cookbook includes 75 delicious recipes. It even teaches you to make your own yogurt (dairy and plant-based) at home! For now I will stick to store bought Greek yogurt…
- Quick history of yogurt – it’s always fascinating learning about history. It dates back to 2000BC in Persia and India where yogurt was used as a preservative for milk.
- Health benefits of yogurt – proteins, fats and substitutes.
- How to make you own yogurt – without a yogurt maker, with a slow cooker
- Recipes – breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and desserts. This includes dips and spreads.
There are 75 delicious recipes to choose from. They are well written. Short and concise. I like how the recipes gets to the point without the bullshit. I like the delicious food photography of mouthwatering healthy meals. Most importantly, nutritional value is included with every recipe. If you are meal planning, it makes meal prepping much easier.
My favourite recipes that I’ve bookmarked include:
- Coconut Yogurt
- Soft Boiled Eggs and Green Pea Salad
- Healthy Exotic Bowl with Dragon Fruit and Lychee
- Dips – Baba Ghanoush, Beet Hummus, Edamame Dip
- Stuff Potatoes
- Amaretto and Espresso Cake
- Banana, Walnut, and Toblerone Bread
For those that know me, knows that I love a good avocado toast. Who doesn’t like an avocuddle every now and then? When I first saw the Edamame Dip recipe, I had to make it ASAP!
- 1½ cups (375 mL) edamame beans
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup (60 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) minced garlic
- ½ cup (125 mL) tahini (sesame butter)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 mL) cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For garnish
- Fresh cilantro leaves Edamame beans
- Sesame seeds
- Step 1 In a food processor, add all the ingredients except the salt and pepper, and process until smooth.
- Step 2 Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish as desired.
Excerpted from Yogurt Every Day Hubert Cormier. Copyright © 2017 Hubert Cormier. Food photography by Catherine Côté. Published by Appetite by Random House®, a division of Penguin Random House Canada Limited. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.
Absolutely! The no fuss recipes are easy to make. Recipes can be easily modified to work with kitchen sink ingredients. There are lots of helpful tips to help you save time too!
Where to Purchase?
Yogurt Every Day: Healthy And Delicious Recipes For Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner And Dessert
Dimensions: 208 pages, 10 × 8.5 × 0.6 in
Published: May 30, 2017
Publisher: Appetite by Random House
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
- ISBN – 10: 0147530423
- ISBN – 13: 9780147530424
Enter to Win
- Post a comment on this blog post and tell us which recipe you would make first. One entry per person.
- Follow and tweet this (one entry per day): RT to win @Hub_Nutrition #YogurtEveryday cookbook from @instanomss & @penguincanada. #instanomss #cookbook #recipes
- Follow me on Instagram and Facebook.
From The Official Press Release
Hailed as a superfood and loved for its cool, tangy taste, yogurt’s popularity continues to grow. Yogurt Every Day feeds this frenzy for yogurt, serving up 75 delicious recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and dessert, including how to make your own yogurt at home.
After years of serving as a quick breakfast fix or mid-afternoon pick-me-up, yogurt is finally having its day, embraced by a public passionate about the art of living and eating well. The surging popularity of Greek, Skyr and other yogurts testifies not only to their celebrated probiotics and healthful benefits, but to their versatility, creamy textures and rich tangy flavours.
In Yogurt Every Day, celebrated nutritionist Hubert Cormier shows just how easy and delicious it is to incorporate yogurt into your daily life, offering 75 recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and dessert–including a full section on how to make your very own yogurt. Whether using a yogurt maker, a slow cooker, or the equipment available in every home kitchen (a saucepan, the stove and the oven), Hubert couldn’t make it easier for you to create your favorite type of yogurt–from Swiss, Balkan, Skyr to Greek as well as Coconut yogurt for a dairy-free alternative.
With recipes ranging from Chia Seed Pudding with Kiwi, and Frozen Smoothie Yogurt Cubes, to Coquilles Saint-Jacques, Tagliatelle a la Carbonara and Avocado Lassi, Yogurt Every Day offers something for everyone, be it the cook on the go, or the health-minded foodie seeking new recipes, new ingredients and new kitchen adventures.
About the Author
HUBERT CORMIER is a registered dietitian and is currently enrolled in a doctoral program at the Institute of Nutrition and Functional Foods in Quebec City. In 2015, he was presented with the Annual Merit Award in Nutrition–Young Professionals, a prize given by his professional body in recognition of outstanding devotion to the field of nutrition. He has written three successful books on nutrition in French. The author lives in Quebec City, Canada.