One of my favorite vegetables is Okra. I love the texture, the nutritional benefits and also how easy it is to prepare. I recently had this dish at a Chinese restaurant over dim sum and absolutely feel in love with it. Stir Fry Okra Black Fungus Recipe 秋葵炒雲耳 is super easy to make and can be done in 10 mins with maybe 15 min prep time.
Health Benefits Of Okra
Okra has a lot of nutritional benefits and it is great for diabetes. It has the ability to lower total cholesterol levels, blood pressure and also improve digestive health. Okra contains potassium, vitamin B, vitamin C, folic acid, and calcium. It’s low in calories and has a high dietary fiber content.
Health Benefits Of Black Tremella Fungus 雲耳
Another favorite Chinese herbal ingredient of mine is the black tremella fungus 雲耳 (sometimes also referred to Jew’s ear or Judas Ear). Black Tremella Fungus improves circulation that inhibits blood blotting, lowers cholesterol, dryness in throat, and it is contains trace mineral germanium which has anti-viral / anti-tumor effects.
Aside from okra, black tremella fungus, I usually like to add onions into my stir fry also. To cook this dish, heat up oil on medium heat and sauté minced garlic and ginger. Once sweated out, add in your okra and stir fry for about 3 to 5 minutes.
Next add in your previously soaked black fungus and toss. Next add in dark and light soy sauce and some cornstarch to thicken the sauce. Toss for another 2 minutes until the sauce thickens or evaporates!
Transfer to a serving plate and serve with your favorite Chinese dishes! Yes it is that easy!
Stir Fry Okra Black Fungus Recipe | 秋葵炒雲耳
- 1/4 cup Black Fungus 雲耳
- 1/4 cup Okra (add more if you prefer)
- 1/4 onion
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 3 slices of Ginger (julienned)
- 1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Corn Starch
- Step 1 Soak the black fungus in cold water until soft.
- Step 2 Mince garlic and julienne the ginger.
- Step 3 Wash and pat dry Okra.
- Step 4 Cut Okra in diagonally in half.
- Step 5 Dice onion
- Step 6 Mix together seasoning (light and dark soy sauce), sugar and corn starch with some water. Set aside.
- Step 7 Heat up pan on medium heat and sauté minced garlic, ginger and onion for 3 to 5 mins.
- Step 8 Add in black fungus and toss.
- Step 9 Add in seasoning and toss for another 2 minutes until the sauce thickens or evaporates!
- Step 10 Transfer to a serving plate and serve with your.
Pin the above image to your Chinese recipe board to bookmark this page. We are so excited to share our recipes with you!