TWG Tea, an iconic global brand debuts in Vancouver. It is their first Flagship Tea Salon & Boutique in North America. We are so excited that TWG Canada is situated within the downtown core of Vancouver’s upscale luxury retailers! Previously occupied by The Urban Tea Merchant, the space has been completely transformed with Old World luxury decor – gold and brass accents.
TWG Tea opened its first headquarters in Singapore eight years ago. TWG Tea’s exclusive collection includes more than 800 varieties of elegant blends and harvests – has contributed to its impressive expansion into 57 locations in 17 cities, including London, Shanghai, Tokyo and Dubai.
Vancouver TWG Tea Salon & Boutique will not just be a retail venue but also a resource for interested consumers to learn more about teas around the world, properties of different varieties, and the many high quality seasonal tea blends available. The store will also carry TWG Tea exclusive blends such as 1837 Black Tea and Silver Moon Tea; deluxe varieties like the Haute Couture Tea Collection and Gold Yin Zhen; and will integrate a myriad of these signature teas into savoury recipes and exquisite tea-infused patisseries to be at the forefront of tea gastronomy.
TWG Tea President, CEO & Co-Founder Taha Bouqdib says: “In response to demand for exquisite quality tea, TWG Tea continues to extend its reach globally. Our latest expansion will see TWG Tea opening in Canada, a burgeoning market where tea consumption is on the rise with a growing shift towards fine teas among North American consumers. We are looking forward to an extremely exciting year ahead.”
VanSing Distribution Group – owned and operated by Tom and Karinna James – will be the exclusive franchise partner and distributor of TWG Tea in Canada.
Luxury teas and seasonal afternoon tea menus will continue to be offered. The menu will be more expansive since they’ve renovated and expanded their kitchen!
TWG Canada officially opens doors today with a media gala with Coco Rocha in attendance. But before that, we spent an intimate The Perfume of Tea dinner. We started the evening mingling over tea infused cocktails with TWG Tea founders from Singapore – Taha Bouqdib (President & CEO) and Maranda Barnes (Director of Business Development).
- Silver Moon Tea Cocktail: infused sparkling white wine with a touch of berries and yuzu.
- Silver Moon Tea Mocktail: with coconut milk and notes of wild berries.
Sencha Prestige Tea infused wild mushroom soup: paired with delicate herbs, finished with shaved truffles, porcini powder and white truffle oil. Sencha Tea offers a light seaweed-like flavour that pairs well with earthy and fragrant mushrooms.
Pan-Roasted Sablefish: complemented by a dashi broth infused with Meleng FBOP and French Earl Grey Tea. Served with steamed baby nai bai, shimeji and sauteed oyster mushrooms over Korean garlic brown rice.
- Meleng FBOP: Harvested in the foothills of the Himalayan plateaus, these mahogany-coloured broken leaves infuse into a very stimulating cup with a full-bodied and earthy aroma that finishes with a hint of sweetness. A perfect TWG Tea breakfast tea.
- French Earl Grey Tea: A fragrant variation of the great classic, this TWG Tea black tea has been delicately infused with citrus fruits and French blue cornflowers.
Local Free-Range Chicken: brined in Smoky Earl Grey accompanied by butter confit, Grenaille potatoes, served with a red wine burgundy sauce with button mushrooms, caramelized pearl onions, smoked veal bacon, vanilla confit grapes and crispy chicken skin.
Smoky Earl Grey: A royal and sophisticated TWG Tea blend, the ethereal, smoky aroma of incense is complemented by sweet and fragrant citrus fruits in this surprising black tea. A daring combination of Russian and English tastes.
The Iconic Macaron Noir Tea infused dessert with caramel sauce and apples. A decadent and rich sweet treat to end the night.
- Macaron Noir Tea: Throughout history, tea has been served with dainty sweets – sometimes to balance the strength of the infusion, other times to refresh tired spirits in the middle of the afternoon. Now TWG Tea has conceived a black tea blend which encapsulates the mouth-watering flavours of our signature black macaron. Rich, mysterious, satisfying, this marvellous tea will delight tea lovers of all ages.
For my after dinner tea, I optioned for a hot cup of Silver Moon Tea. This TWG Tea blend of green teas accented with a grand berry and vanilla bouquet and a hint of spice is one of TWG’s best selling tea blends.
TWG Tea Salon & Boutique
Cuisine: Afternoon Tea, Tea Salon, Boutique
Mon 10:00 am –8:00 pm
Tue 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
Wed 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
Thu 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
Fri 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
Sat 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
Sun 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
1070 W Georgia St, Vancouver, BC V6E 2Y2
image credit: 1, 2